Masoud is currently a postdoc in Supply Chain Management at Eindhoven University of Technology. He obtained his Ph.D. at Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands, and MSc and BSc degrees in Industrial Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology and Shahed University, respectively.
Rotterdam School of Management
2013 – 2019, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Ph.D. in Logistics and Operations Management
Promoter: Prof.dr. René de Koster.
Committee: Ivo Adan, Rob Zuidwijk, Marie Schmidt, Rommert Dekker and Kai Furmans.
Thesis: Advanced Storage and Retrieval Policies in Automated Warehouses. Defended on 16 April 2020.
- Studied material handling in automated warehouses,
- Modeled efficient load retrieval in high-density storage systems, lead to a scientific publication,
- Designed responsive storage strategies by modeling and analyzing the product correlation data in historical orders, leading to two submissions at top-tier journals,
- Used data analysis and statistical methods in modeling and validation,
- Coordinated and taught several quantitative courses,
- Supervised many graduate and undergraduate students at the highest possible quality with a winner and nominee of the dutch master thesis awards.
2007 – 2010, Tehran, Iran
M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, cum laude equivalent
Thesis: Capacitated Multiple Allocation Hub Location Problem.
- Modeled hub location problem considering capacity and multiple objectives, lead to several journal and conference publications,
- Organized seminars and workshops on metaheuristics, Genetic Algorithm (GA), And Colony Optimization, (ACO), and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), lead to the publication of a booklet on ACO.
Iran University of Science and Technology
2003 – 2007, Tehran, Iran
B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering
Thesis: Comparative study of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
- Served two internships at a supplier of a car manufacturer and an agricultural machinery producer.
- Did several company-based projects.